Last Updated: June 23, 2016
This Policy explains how your personal information is collected, used and disclosed by Prism with respect to your use of the Services, and how we protect your information. Your access to and use of the Services indicates your consent to the practices described in this Policy, even after you no longer access or use the Services.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should refer to the Contact Us section at the end of this Policy. Although we may provide this Policy to you through other means, your access to the Services reflects your agreement to receive the Policy through our App and Website.
Throughout this Policy, we provide short summaries of various provisions captioned "Basically." These summaries do not modify the Policy provisions. We provide these summaries for convenience purposes only to assist your review of the actual Policy provisions.
In this Policy, we refer to "vendors" and "third parties." A "vendor" is any person or business that helps us process payments through the Prism App and maintain its supporting infrastructure. A "third party" is any person or business other than Prism, its affiliates or a vendor. For example, the businesses that you want to pay are third parties. THIS POLICY DOES NOT ADDRESS THE PRIVACY OR INFORMATION PRACTICES OF ANY THIRD PARTY. The Services are not intended for individuals under the age of 18. Please do not use the Prism App, Website or Services, if you are less than 18 years old.
Information Collected About You
We collect information about you in various ways when you use the Services, including ("Personal Information") (information that can be used to identify you as an individual). Personal Information does not include information that is anonymous, aggregated, or can no longer be used to identify you as an individual. The types of Personal Information we collect may vary depending on your use of the Services. For example, when you register for a Prism account, make a payment or contact us, we collect information that you or your payees ("Billers") provide including your name, address, telephone number, and email address. Personal Information may be collected when you voluntarily provide such information to us (e.g., your interests, your geographic location, your pay day information). We may also collect Personal Information about you through applications or other forms, transactions with us and our vendors, from other third parties, including identification verification providers and through your use of the Services, including through cookies that can help identify you. When you install the Prism App on your mobile device, your device will create a data store of application preferences, which may also contain certain Personal Information. In addition, when you make payments using the Services, we collect credit card or bank routing information necessary to complete the payments that you intend to make. Such information may include information such as card type, primary account number, cardholder name, billing address, account balance, expiration date, and the Card Verification Value on your credit card or debit card. Additionally, we collect and retain login credentials for any Billers that you add in order to access and retrieve account statement information and payment records. We also collect certain information from your Billers (e.g., payment due date, payment amount, and late fee amounts) in order to improve the functionality of the App.
Finally, some information is automatically collected when you use the Services, including:
- Log Information. We may collect information about your use of the Services, including your computer's operating system, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, access times, browser type and language, and the website you visited before navigating to the Services. This data helps us understand what is interesting and relevant to users of the Services so that we can best tailor our content.
- Device Information. When you access the Prism App from a mobile device, we may also collect information about the type of mobile device you use, your device's unique ID and the type of mobile Internet browser(s) you use. We may use this information to, among other things, administer the Services, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Web Beacons or Tracking Pixels. We may also collect information using "Web beacons" (also known as tracking pixels). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our Services or in our emails. We may use Web beacons to deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and to tell if an email has been opened and acted upon.
Additionally, we may modify and combine Personal Information in a manner that does not personally identify you or any other individual and thus, no longer constitutes "Personal Information". We may use this non-Personal Information, such as aggregate user statistics, demographic information, and usage information, for any lawful purpose.
When you use our Services, we collect some information that you provide to us, and some information automatically from your mobile device and Biller websites. This information has various levels of sensitivity.
Security of Your Personal Information
We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with state and federal regulations and standards to safeguard your Personal Information. We restrict access to your Personal Information to our staff on a "need to know" basis. When you provide sensitive information (such as a name, phone number or address), we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology ("SSL"). While we have taken commercially reasonable efforts to guard your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee that your Personal Information may not be accessed or disclosed accidentally or wrongfully. You acknowledge and agree that any Personal Information you provide or store through the Services is at your own risk. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us as described below.
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information but cannot guaranty that it won’t be compromised.
Use of Your Personal Information
We use your Personal Information for purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you in connection with the Services. For example, we may use your Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve the Services;
- Send you information related to the Services, including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your questions or suggestions and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with the Services;
- Verify your identity;
- Tailor content, advertisements, and offers we provide you;
- Operate sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions (collectively, a "Promotion"). We typically ask you for certain Personal Information when you enter and if you win a Promotion. You should carefully review the rules of each Promotion in which you participate through the Website, because, to the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules apply;
- Communicate with you about upcoming events and other new products and services offered by Prism and select partners; and
- Link or combine with other Personal Information we get from third parties, to help understand your needs and provide you with better service.
The Services are governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of, the United States, and are intended for the enjoyment of residents of the United States. If you use the Services, or otherwise provide us with data, from outside the United States, you acknowledge and agree that your Personal Information may be transmitted outside your resident jurisdiction. In particular, please note that your Personal Information may be stored and processed in the United States. The laws pertaining to the collection, use, disclosure and protection of Personal Information in the United States may be more or less stringent than the laws of other countries. By using the Services, you (a) acknowledge that the Services are subject to the laws of the United States; (b) consent to your Personal Information being stored and processed in the United States and handled as described in this Policy; and (c) waive any claims that may arise under the laws of the country where you reside, are a citizen, and/or from where you access the Services.
We use your Personal Information in a lot of different ways that might not occur to you and don’t want you to be surprised or disappointed.
Sharing your Personal Information
- Where it is necessary for completing a payment (e.g. with our payment processor);
- In order to verify the existence and condition of your account for a third party, such as a Biller, and to confirm your authority to use a bank account or credit card;
- In order to comply with applicable law, government agency requirements or court orders;
- To the extent necessary to enforce this Policy or Prism’s Terms of Service;
- With vendors (e.g. consultants and other service providers) who are working on our behalf on the Prism App and supporting infrastructure and need access to your Personal Information to carry out their work for us;
- With vendors who provide administrative services on our behalf, including but not limited to data analysis, anti-money laundering, anti-fraud and payment acceptance and fulfillment. We reserve the right to share Personal Information about you with such vendors for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide their services but only to the extent necessary to support our Services, or as necessary to ensure compliance with law, this Policy and Prism’s Terms of Service.
- With our parent company for marketing purposes;
- To: (i) protect the rights and property of Prism, our payment processor, our agents, customers, and others, including to enforce our agreements, policies and Terms of Service or (ii) in an emergency to protect the safety of Prism, its customers or any person;
- In connection with any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- In connection with Promotions, with third party sponsors of such Promotions in accordance with the rules applicable to each Promotion. You should carefully review these additional rules, as they may contain important information about a sponsor’s or other third parties’ use of Personal Information. To the extent that the terms and conditions of such rules concerning the treatment of Personal Information conflict with this Policy, the terms and conditions of such rules control; and
- For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, auditing, and legal compliance. If another entity acquires us or our assets, or assets related to the Services, Personal Information and any other information that we have collected about the users of the Services may be disclosed to such entity as one of the transferred assets. Also, if any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding is brought by or against us, all such information may be considered an asset of ours and as such may be sold or transferred to third parties.
If you leave a comment on a blog, provide a testimonial on this site, report bugs or fixes, provide feature requests, or other feedback and suggestions to Prism ("Feedback") you should be aware that any Personal Information you submit can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. Prism may use the Feedback without any compensation, notice or attribution to you and will own all intellectual property rights in such Feedback. If we choose to use your name for a testimonial, we will secure your consent. We are not responsible for the Personal Information you choose to submit in these forums. If you want to remove your Personal Information that is being displayed on our Website or App under public pages, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The App and Website contain links to third party websites. These linked websites are not under our control and we are not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents or links within any such linked website. We provide links for your convenience and not as an endorsement. If you provide any Personal Information through any other website, your transaction will occur on such website under its policies and terms.
Be careful when providing information to us, and we will be careful when using it or sharing it with others.
Advertising; How to Opt Out
If you would like to opt out of the cookies set by third party advertisers, you may opt out of certain network advertising programs through the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt-Out Page. Please note that even if you choose to remove your information (opt out), you will still see advertisements while you're browsing online. However, the advertisements you see may be less relevant to you and your interests. Additionally, many network advertising programs allow you to view and manage the interest categories they have compiled from your online browsing activities. These interest categories help determine the types of targeted advertisements you may receive. The NAI Opt-Out Page provides a tool that identifies its member companies that have cookies on your browser and provides links to those companies.
We may share non-Personal Information with advertisers. You can take steps to prevent these advertisers from tracking your device.
Control and Access to Your Information
The Services allow you to view, correct, or delete information collected about you in certain areas of the App (e.g. sections titled "Your Billers," "Your Payment Accounts," "Your Paydays," and "Settings"). If you delete certain information, such as credit card, bank account, contact information, or Biller credentials, you may not be able to fully enjoy many of the features and advantages available through our Services. You may also inadvertently cancel pending payments by deleting information required to make these payments. Information you delete will remain in our archives in our discretion subject to our records retention requirements. If you request that we permanently delete such information, we will do so within 30 days except to the extent otherwise required by law, as needed to resolve disputes, and as needed to enforce our agreements. We may also need to retain certain information for record keeping purposes. You should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
The Services allow you to view, correct, or delete most personal information about you.
Your Information Choices and Changes
We want to communicate with you in the most effective manner, whether by sending you relevant marketing materials or by tailoring the Services to you. At the same time, we appreciate that your preferences regarding marketing, promotions, and online privacy will continue to evolve. This section provides you with information on how you can fine-tune your preference settings:
- You may opt-out of receiving promotional emails from Prism by following the unsubscribe instructions in those emails.
- You can opt-out of text messages by contacting us via "Support" in the App.
- Most mobile devices allow you to customize various privacy settings, such as push notifications. For more information about how to do this, please contact your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your mobile device to learn how to adjust the settings on your device.
- You may also send requests about your contact preferences and changes to your information to email@example.com.
Some communications sent to you at our discretion may be important to your use of the App or Services, including the administration of your account, services, features or functions in which you have enrolled or registered to use, other promotions or contests in which you have participated or have entered, and other transactions that you have undertaken using the Services, and you may not opt-out of receiving such communications.
We also reserve the right, from time to time, to re-contact former users of the Services under limited circumstances, such as where legally required or to pay off a residual balance due, but not for marketing purposes.
You can manage email, push notifications, and text messages through the app.
Notifications of Changes
We reserve the right to revise this Policy at any time. If we make changes, we will notify you as required by law. We will also post the current version of the Policy in the App and on our Website. We encourage you to review our Policy periodically, noting the last revision date. If we make material changes to this policy, we will notify you by email or text message, or by means of a notice on our home page or in the App, as applicable. Although we may provide this Policy to you through other means, your access to the Services reflects your agreement to receive the Policy through our App or Website.
We can change this Policy and you should watch for any changes.
For Nevada Residents Only
We are providing you this notice under Nevada state law. You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, calling us at (844) 774-7627 or writing us at Prism c/o PayNearMe MT, Inc., 292 Gibraltar Drive, Suite 104, Sunnyvale, CA 94089.
In addition to contacting us, Nevada residents can contact the Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, in writing at 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; by calling (702) 486-3132; or by emailing: BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.
Your Vermont Privacy Rights
Under Vermont law, we will not share any Personal Information we collect about Vermont residents with third parties, unless the law allows.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about information we disclose to third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to request this information, please contact us at the address listed below.
Some states have additional requirements related to this Policy and we are obligated to let you know about them.
If you have any questions about this Policy, you can contact us any time at email@example.com or by writing to Prism c/o PayNearMe MT, Inc. at 292 Gibraltar Drive, Suite 104, Sunnyvale, CA 94089. We welcome your inquiries.
Don't hesitate to contact us.